Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tensors

Hi Michele, how are you?

First, I'm sorry because I'm not an expert in multi linear algebra and I don't know many things about tensors.

In a fast search, I saw tensors are like matrices with high dimensionality.

Correct me if I were wrong.


tensor1 = zeros(3, 3, 3); // it's a tensor

tensor2 = ones(5, 5, 4); // it's other tensor


I found one function that works with tensors: kron(.). It returns the Kronecker tensor product of two matrices A and B.

The function kron(.) is called like following:


A=[1,2;3,4];

kron(A,A)
ans =

1. 2. 2. 4.
3. 4. 6. 8.
3. 6. 4. 8.
9. 12. 12. 16.

A.*.A // this operator (.*.) implements the Kronecker tensor product of two matrices, look the results are the same kron(A, A) == A.*.A
ans =

1. 2. 2. 4.
3. 4. 6. 8.
3. 6. 4. 8.
9. 12. 12. 16.


I think it's something about tensors.
If anyone has a comment or suggestion, I ask for you share your knowledge with us.

No comments: